The process of installation of cPanel and WHM in CentOS 9|8 system is very fast, open your terminal window, and here are some commands, run them, that’s it you can download, install and configure cPanel and WHM in your system.
cPanel gives any user a reliable interface. In which users get many features. And it’s easy to understand and work with. And in WHM also the user gets root and reseller level access interface. In which the administrator can manage anything very easily.
How to Install cPanel and WHM in CentOS 9|8
Steps to install cPanel and WHM in centos 9|8:
Step 1 – Setup Hostname
First of all, open terminal and execute the following command on terminal to setup hostname with ip address or websites name:
hostnamectl set-hostname cpanel.tutsmake.cp
Step 2 – Install Perl and CURL
Now, execute the following command on terminal to install perl and CURL in centOS:
yum install perl yum install curl
Step 3 – Download and install the cPanel script
Now, execute the following command on terminal to download latest installer script for cpanel in centOS:
curl -o latest -L https://securedownloads.cpanel.net/latest
Step 4 – Run the Recent Installer Script
Execute the follwoing command on terminal to run auto installer script in centOS:
Now, sit back and relax. And wait for the cPanel installer script to complete the installation.
Step 5 – Access cPanel & WHM Installation Setup Wizard
Now, we need to complete the installation wizard from its web based interface and we can access WHM with the following URL:
And follow these steps to configure whm in centOS:
- Now a screen will open on the browser. In which you have to login with root user.
- Like login with root user. So the End User License Agreement and accept the terms have to be accepted.
- To setup the Server Contact Email Address and Server Contact SMS Address.
- Move to the Hostname section, enter a valid FQDN hostname and Resolver entries for server
- Now select Main Network/Ethernet Device and IP available on that device will be considered as the main IP address of server
- To set servers static IP address.
- To set FTP configuration for server
- To enable quotas and click on “Finish setup wizard”
Through this tutorial, we have learned how to install cPanel and whm in centos 9|8.