To check python program execution; In this tutorial, you will learn how to find or check execution time of a simple program or script in python.
The execution time of a program is defined as the time spent by the system to execute a task.
Algorithm to check the execution time of a Sample Python Program/Script:
- First of all, import the datetime module in your python script/program.
- Take values from the user.
- Find the initial time by using now() function and then assign it to a variable which is time_start.
- Complete the task in the program.
- Here, we will also find the current time and assign it to a variable which is time_end.
- To know the execution time simply find the difference between the time_end and time_start i.e time_end – time_start.
Python program to determine the execution time of python script/program
See the following python program to check the execution time of the program or script.
#Python Program to find the execution time of python script # importing the modules from datetime import datetime A=int(input("Enter the A value: ")) B=int(input("Enter the B value: ")) time_start=datetime.now() C = A + B print("A + B = :",C) time_end=datetime.now() e= time_end - time_start print("The execution time of python program is : ",e)
Enter the A value: 8 Enter the B value: 5 A + B = : 13 The execution time of python program is : 0:00:00.000054
Recommended Python Programs
- Python Program to Print ASCII Value of Character
- Write a Program to Calculate Simple Interest in Python
- Python Program to Compute Compound Interest
- Leap Year Program in Python
- Python Program to Print Star Pattern
- Number Pattern Programs in Python
- Python Program to Print Even and Odd numbers From 1 to N
- Python Abs() Function: For Absolute Value
- How to Check Whether a Number is Fibonacci or Not in Python
- Python: Program to Find Power of Number
- Python Program to Reverse a Numbers
- Python Program to Find Smallest/Minimum of n Numbers
- Python Program to Find Largest/Maximum of n Numbers
- Python Program to Find The Net Bill Amount After Discount
- Python Program to Print Numbers From N to 1 and 1 to N
- Python Program to Print Numbers Divisible by 3, 5, 7
- Python Program to Print Prime Number 1 to N
- How to Find Square of Number in Python
- Python Program to Calculate Cube of Number
- Python Program to Find LCM of Two Numbers
- BMI (Body Mass Index) Calculator in Python
- Palindrome Program in Python using while loop, Function, etc
- Python: Program to Count Total Number of Bits in Number
- Python Random Number Generator Code
- Python Program to Calculate n-th term of a Fibonacci Series
- Zip Zap Zoom Python Program
- Python: program to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit
- Python Program to Swap Two Numbers
- Python Program to Get Standard Deviation
- Python Program to Find the Variance
- Python Program to Convert Height in cm to Feet and Inches
- Python Program to Convert Meters into Yards, Yards into Meters
- Python Program to Convert Kilometers to Meters, Miles
- Python Program to Find Perfect Number
- Python: Program to Find Strong Number
- Python Program Create Basic Calculator
- Python Program For math.floor() Method
- Python Program to Find Sum of Series 1/1! 2/2! 3/3! …1/n!
- Python: Program to Convert Decimal to Binary, Octal and Hexadecimal
- Python Program to Find Roots of Quadratic Equation
- Python Program to Print Alphabets from A to Z in Uppercase and Lowercase
- Python Program to Check Given Input is Alphabet, Number or Special Character
- Python Program to Check IF a Number is Power of Another Number
- Python Check Binary Representation of Given Number is Palindrome or Not
- Python Program to Draw a Pie Chart
- Python Program Input the Radius of Circle and Compute the Area