Introduction Python Programming Language
In this post, we would love to share with you introduction of python programming language and what can python programming do? etc.
What is python programming language?
Python Programming is a powerful multi purpose programming language. This is created by Guido van Rossum. Python is a high-level programming language. which is used for web development (server-side), software development, mathematics, system scripting, etc.The design began in the late 1980s and was first released in February 1991.
History of Python
Python Programming is created by Guido van Rossum. The design began in the late 1980s and was first released in February 1991.
Why the name Python?
It was not named after a dangerous snake. Rosum was a fan of a comedy series since the late seventies. The name “Python” was adopted from the same series “Monty Python Flying Circus”.
Why Python was created?
In the late 1980s, Guido Van Rossum was working on the Amoeba Distributed Operating Systems Group. He wanted to use an interpreted language like ABC (ABC has simple easy-to-understand syntax) that can access amoeba system calls. Therefore, they decided to create a language that was extensible. This led to the design of a new language, later named Python.
Features of Python Programming
- A simple programming language which is easier to learn
- Free and open-source
- Extensible and Embeddable
- A high-level, interpreted language
- Large standard libraries to solve common tasks
What can Python programming language do?
- Python Programming language can be used alongside software to create workflows.
- Python Programming language can be used on a server to create web applications.
- Python Programming language can connect to database systems. It can also read and modify files.
- Python Programming language can be used to handle big data and perform complex mathematics.
- Python Programming language can be used for rapid prototyping, or for production-ready software development.